By: Mikala Seth Campos, Level 7-ACE
Great Christian Academy has conducted a school-wide Abduction Survival Awareness campaign, and students ranging from Pre-school to Grade 10 watched a video clip containing safety tips.
The video was about survival in the case of kidnapping or abduction. It taught students to:
1) Never get into a car with someone you don’t know.
2) Stay away from suspicious cars.
3) Do not judge strangers by appearance. Abductors could be male or female and could look harmless.
4) Draw attention if someone grabs you. Get down on the floor and scream “Stranger! Stranger!” while kicking against your abductor with all your might.
5) Learn to say “NO” firmly.
6) Always be with a group. Walk with other children or teenagers.
7) Keep your house key hidden at all times so strangers wouldn’t know that you are home alone.
8) Always pay attention to your surroundings.
9) Trust your instincts. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
10) And most importantly, pray and ask God for covering and protection before you leave home and thank Him for arriving safely at your destination.
Questions and answers followed right after the viewing. Upon watching the clip, many student talked and chattered of the safety tips while others became more weary and cautious. Overall, the activity proved to be very useful especially during dangerous and uncertain times.